Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Travel Makeup Bag

Because its summer, I've been traveling a lot with my family. Mostly these trips are about a week so we pack relatively light. Because of the limited packing space, my make-up bag just has the basics and includes some minis! In the summer I like to keep my look relatively simple as you get pretty sweaty and you want to be out doing things- not focusing on your make-up!


Base

In the summer I ditch the foundation and stick with BB creams, so I have the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream and the Maybelline Dreamfresh BB Cream. The Smashbox is a little darker and more high coverage while the Maybelline is super easy to apply on the go. Usually, I combine them based on how tan or blemished my skin is that day.

After my BB cream I add concealer. This is the Covergirl + Olay Eye Rehab Concealer, but I use it everywhere from under eyes to blemishes. It is super hydrating and light, while still giving lots of coverage.

To add dimension to my face and define my cheekbones I skip bronzer and use high lighter! Its a quicker way of making your face look angular and it gives a dewy finish whereas bronzer contours but also darkens your look. My absolute favorite high liter is Benefit's Hi Beam (this is the mini, but its lasted a year!), it works for summer and winter and it extremely easy to apply. I put some onto my fingers and dab it onto my cheekbones, cupids bow, nose bridge and forehead for a seamless finish.

Another awesome product is the Elf Tone Correcting Powder. The green and blue tones diminish redness while the yellow and pink camouflage dark circles, it also keeps your skin matte all day.

Eyes and Eyebrows

Eye shadow smudges and sometimes even primer can't keep the summer blaze from ruining your smokey eye or winged liner. I keep it simple and long wearing with the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. I either dab in all over my eye lightly with my finger, concentrate some in the crease to contour or line my eyes with my Urban Decay Naked 3 Dual Ended Brush. These long wearing looks go from casual to dressy in a flash.

I love the Benefit They're Real Mascara, so I always pack a mini (Tip: Sephoras "On the Go" section by the cashier has a ton of mascara minis) to add length and volume to my lashes if Im going somewhere nicer. This mascara does not smudge.

Personally, I think Eyebrow Gel is unnecessary and gross- I hate gunk in my brows, so the only product I need is the beautiful Anastasia Brow Wiz (mine is in Brunnete). I outline the shape of my brows and fill in any sparse patches with the crayon and use the spoolie to make the color look natural and distributed. 

Lips 

I don't like darker lip colors because I never have time to reapply and even darker lip stains get everywhere so I usually stick to lighter pinks. My two natural favorites are the Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Lemonade and the Maybelline Color Whisper in One Size Fits Pearl. The revolon Lip Butters are super moisturizing and feel amazing on your lips, they last a decent amount of time and this pretty pink color is super wearable. The Color Whisper is a barely-there pink that is like a gloss, but not gloopy or grainy or glittery (the horrible 3 g's of lip gloss) just shiny! 

Because this make-up has to work for all occasions I had to add a bit of color for going out. So I packed the classic Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me which is a pretty build able magenta/fuschia color. Its also moisturizing! 

So that all for my travel make-up bag. More to come soon on where Im actually traveling!

∆ Z∆


No comments:

Post a Comment