I love Taylor Swift.
And when I say I love Taylor Swift I mean I love every song, outfit and hairstyle from curly-haired-high-school-crooning-cowboy-boot-wearing-fifteen-year-old Tay Tay to hipster-feminist-cat-owning-professional-friend-and-cookie-making-penny-loafer-wearing Taylor Swift.
For one, I love her music.
Anytime I'm feeling lonely, upset or just too caught up in the crazy stressful mess that is high school I can just pull up "Red," "Speak Now," or "Blank Space" and suddenly the world is sparkly and unicorns are real and I'm happy! On the other hand, any time I want to wallow in my sadness I play a ballad like, "White Horse," "All too Well," or "Tim McGraw" and sing along to the sound of mutual sadness. Critics have blasted Taylor for being simplistic, cheesy, teeny-bopper and auto-tuned -- and all of that may be true-- but I can't think of any other music that is as relatable/approachable as "Fifteen," "Begin Again" or any other T-Swizzle tune. Although some of her early music has some questionable views on the roles of women in relationship/society I think that her progression towards feminism definitely merits some "Back to December" playage.
This brings me to my next point...
I love her personality(public persona)
I recently read an article that commended Taylor Swift for being such a good self-publicist. The article reflected on how carefully controlled and consistent her image as your retro-stylish best friend is. Although I recognize her media mastery, I honestly believe that some of her public image is true! For one, she's friends with so many female celebrities/non-celebrities which sets a great example in the girl-hate world of today. And I hope her openly feminist viewpoints inspire the thousands of girls who look up to her across the world. Also, her life is just perfect. From her cats to her baking abilities to her ability to look amazing all the time, Taylor is the person you wish was your aunt or older sister. She always looks like she's having fun without trying to fit in with anyone or be like anyone else. Basically she is my life model.
Finally, I love her style.
Theres really not much I can say with words that cant be better expressed with pictures from the Blank Space music video, so here goes...
To conclude this essay/love collage of my Taylor Swift fandom: She is amazing and I want to be her.
The end.





No comments:
Post a Comment